Sept. 25, 2012
Strategic Appointments Drive Operational Excellence Across the Organization
MORRISTOWN, N.J. Sept. 25, 2012 – Today Capsugel unveiled its newly expanded executive leadership team. Since becoming a standalone company from Pfizer in August 2011, President and CEO Guido Driesen has steadily built a leadership team of global industry experts skilled in innovation and growth management to advance strategic sectors of its dosage form solutions business. Key hires in finance, marketing, procurement, regulatory, information technology (IT), business development, operations and quality fill leadership roles critical to achieving increased efficiencies and operational excellence throughout the company.
“We’ve recruited top industry talent from around the world and built a strong organization with a focus on the future,” says Guido Driesen, President and CEO of Capsugel. “The contributions of our executive leadership team are already producing results and helping Capsugel to achieve our vision of becoming the leading provider of innovative dosage forms and solutions to healthcare customers around the world.”
- John Shroyer joined Capsugel as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, bringing with him over 26 years of finance, program management, and operational leadership experience to this new role. He has been successfully managing the financial operations of the business, including all financial planning and reporting since the divestiture.
- Erasmo Schutzer brings 28 years of experience in global marketing and in-depth knowledge of the markets in South America, Asia Pacific and the U.S. to his role as Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. Mr. Schutzer oversees global marketing, communications and pharmaceutical business development activities.
- Ian Robertson leads Capsugel’s global information technology and systems capabilities as Capsugel’s Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer. He is charged with developing the company’s global capabilities with regard to information technology and systems as the company finalizes its transition from Pfizer in this area. Mr. Robertson has held a number of senior positions in engineering and IT at large multi-national corporations in Europe and the U.S.
- Christopher Game serves as Senior Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer, adding nearly 30 years of procurement and purchasing experience to Capsugel’s executive leadership team. Mr. Game will be responsible for global sourcing and procurement of all direct and indirect materials for the company.
- John Cullivan joins as Senior Vice President of Corporate Business Development and Strategy, with global responsibilities for merger, acquisition and partnership activities as well as corporate strategy leadership. Mr. Cullivan brings extensive experience developing and executing value-maximizing global growth strategies as well as transacting business development opportunities to support them.
- Amit Patel has extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including generics and specialty pharmaceuticals. Mr. Patel, Senior Vice President and President of the newly created Dosage Form Solutions business unit, will aim to accelerate the growth and diversification of Capsugel’s business model. The business unit will focus on the company’s global liquid drug delivery business, other new and innovative formulation technologies and products, as well as its product development services and solutions for healthcare companies.
- Donal Loughrey recently joined as Senior Vice President of Operations and Supply Chain for Capsugel. He brings more than 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. In his role, Mr. Loughrey will have global responsibility for manufacturing, supply chain and quality and will work in partnership with country and regional leads to meet the company’s customer needs with cost effective, quality products delivered in a timely manner.
Capsugel is a global leader in innovative dosage forms and solutions for the healthcare industry. Offering a comprehensive array of products and services, from hard gelatin, liquid-filled, and vegetarian capsules, to innovative R&D product development services, Capsugel is at the forefront of drug delivery innovation providing support to customers from formulation to final production. For more information about Capsugel, visit www.capsugel.com.