Using over-encapsulation – an approach designed and developed by Capsugel – for double-blind clinical trials is an effective way to shorten development time and reduce costs.
A Meaningful Approach
Capsugel perfected over-encapsulation to meet the needs of customers who desired an easier way to blind solid dosage forms in double-blind studies for clinical trials.
Today, Capsugel is the primary supplier of over-encapsulation capsules with DBcaps® capsules.
Our Solution Provides Advantages
Using DBcaps capsules for your double-blind study can help you get into clinical trials faster in tangible ways, including:
- Precisely over-encapsulate uniquely shaped or wide-diameter tablets so tested actives, comparators and placebos are concealed
- Enable blinding without altering the dosage form which reduces trial bias
- No need for splitting, grinding or coating tablets which can alter the dosage form and add time to the process
- Minimum stability testing and potentially no bioequivalence testing required, reducing your product development time
- Use of inactive excipients or backfill reduces unnecessary regulatory compliance
- Capsugel’s experienced scientists have the know-how and technologies to customize the over-encapsulation process to suit an array of clinical trial needs including manual filling
- Available in a convenient DBcaps Capsules Small Box filled with 5,000 capsules for your smaller double blind trials
DBcaps® Capsules Brochure
Clinical Trials Over-Encapsulation Sizing Guide