Licaps Liquid-filled Capsules
Take advantage of Capsugel’s signature Licaps liquid-filled hard capsules (LFHC) to help formulate new compounds with improved functionality while providing an elegant and differentiated product presentation. LFHC and lipid-based technology is routinely used for several functional improvements in health & nutritional applications including bioavailability enhancement. Capsugel Dosage Form Solutions has developed and produced hundreds of health & nutritional products in both Licaps as well as SGcaps soft gelatin capsule formats, and has continued to advance the manufacturing technology at its production sites in the US, Europe and Asia.
Fusion Technology - Setting New Standards for Liquid Encapsulation
Capsugel is meeting growing demand for liquid-filled capsules with our Licaps® capsule, a two-piece hard capsule specially designed for secure containment of liquids and semi-solids. The capsule features Licaps Fusion Technology which utilizes a series of cutting-edge advancements in capsule filling, sealing and final product inspection to deliver the high protection and fast release your patients and consumers expect.
|For outstanding product integrity
||Faster drug release facilitates more rapid therapeutic effect
- Two-piece body and cap hermetically sealed to form a leak-proof, perfectly airtight, one-piece capsule
- The one-piece capsule cannot be opened without visible damage
- High protection of moisture or oxygen-sensitive actives
- Rapid and complete capsule shell disintegration
- Efficient and highly effective means for delivering liquid drug formulations
- Can speed drug substance absorption
Expand Your Products Potential with Licaps Fusion Technology
- Straightforward and efficient encapsulation of complex formulations for difficult- to-formulate actives such as low–melting point compounds, high viscosity fills, low-dose actives and highly potent actives
- A robust and precise proprietary manufacturing process uses an advanced fusion sealing technology for product integrity that provides high protection for molecules sensitive to oxygen and moisture without the use of banding
- Licaps thin shell without plasticizers or preservatives optimizes capsule disintegration making it ideal for drugs requiring fast release
- Single or multi-phase dosage form options enable a variety of release profiles allow for novel combinations to address pharmacokinetic challenges and innovative and versatile product offerings which can lead to increased patient compliance
Exceed Patient and Consumer Expectations
- Licaps capsules visually appealing unique look forms a favorable and lasting impression among consumers while masking taste and unpleasant odors better than softgel capsules
- Available in both gelatin and vegetarian capsules and a wide variety of sizes and colors
World-class Manufacturing Capabilities for Licaps Fusion Technology
Turn Key Solutions
Capsugel offers a full range of client services from formulation to final commercial production, while our high-quality liquid filling and sealing facilities are well positioned to support both regional and global demand. And if needed, the experts at Capsugel can even help you find the right contract packager to fit your new product needs.
Empty Licaps capsules are even available in a convenient Capsule Caddy™ Container perfect for clinical trial batches, R&D projects or small manufacturing runs.
Introducing Licaps® Fusion Technology